HIGH TEMPERATURES ARE BAD FOR YOU
Get relief from sunburn in Southern MD
Sunburn is something nearly everyone will experience at least once in their lifetimes if you live in Southern Maryland. Though men, women and children should look to prevent sunburn entirely, sometimes sunburns occur, making those exposed to too much sun uncomfortable and possibly even dealing with considerable pain.
Sunburn is marked by red, sensitive skin that can be hot to the touch. Inflammation and blistering may occur. The Skin Cancer Foundation says that while sunburn may seem like a temporary irritation, it can cause long-lasting damage to the skin. Treating sunburn may require several different approaches.
- Get out of the sun the moment you first feel irritation. Your skin may not be red, but irritation may be the first indication that you are being burned by the sun.
- Take cool baths or showers to relieve the pain and heat in the skin. Cool, damp towels also can do the trick.
- Use a moisturizing lotion with aloe vera. Avoid moisturizers with petroleum, as they will lock in heat.
- The American Academy of Dermatology notes that sunburn may lead to dehydration. Drink plenty of water to keep your body well hydrated.
- Blisters may occur if sunburn is particularly bad. Do not succumb to the temptation of popping the blisters, as doing so may result in an infection.
- Take a dose of ibuprofen to reduce swelling and counteract the pain. Ibuprofen also may help prevent some long-term damage.
- If a blistering burn covers more than 20 percent of the body, seek medical attention. In addition, visit your physician if a sunburn is accompanied by fever and chills.
- Keep sunburn covered up with tightly woven clothing to aid in healing.
Sunburn can be painful and increase your risk for skin cancer, so prevention and treatment should be taken seriously.
Air conditioning is a Summertime Southern MD Requirement
During hot summer months it’s important to stay indoors in an air conditioned room. Air conditioning helps filter allergens from the air, as well as, keeps you cool. For any of your air conditioning needs this summer call Simmons Heating and Air Conditioning. A Southern MD, HVAC contractor from Simmons Heating and Air Conditioning, in St. Mary’s County MD, is standing by to provide you with service. If you want the job to be done the right way the first time, you can rely on us. To find out more about the services that we provide, call our office today.
More about Air Conditioning systems in Southern MD: